Saturday 15 December 2012

Round and round in circles.


The title seems like something what a person in real deep thought, real deep depression, real deep love or real deep frustration would say.But no, mine's nothing to do with anything of that sort. In fact, my topic is rather light.I do not know why I am starting my first post with this incident. But oh well, what's better than writing your first post about you first scooter ride?

Earlier this morning, I had a nagging sensation in my head. I was bored of the same Facebook addiction and TV series marathons,I wanted to do something new today.And I thought, why don't I just blow off those virtual dusts of my blog account and really start with a nice post? Perfecto. Now all I need is a topic. And this is what is the most annoying thing about the human mind, so many topics to chose from, but it's just not THE right thing worthy of being my first very post. So, in defeat I close my (sister's) laptop and I took in the movie we were watching. A few hours pass by, my best friend Boredom, pops in on me. A good walk and I set my eyes on this beauty. They say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, trust me it does. Cause no one, but I would call this rusted piece of metal on two squeaky almost-ready-to-pop wheels that is so old it would be better placed in a museum, a beauty.I sat on it and threatened my mum that I would ride.I thought my mother was humoring me, when she told me how to take the scooty out. I switched the vehicle on, *grrrrrcough cough spit spitrrrrrrrr* and I twisted that handle like how I would if it was switched off, and I zoomed into a tree. That did it, now since I have uhm.. broken the ice, I spread my wings and flew, in 5 kms/hr. I took a good turn and another good turn and some more good turns and came back to where I started. Thereby my first round in a scooter was complete.As my adrenaline pumped, I realized, even though it's totally small step, I reached a very big milestone in my life.I've started taking my own steps, in a year or two, I could get hold of a license, and ride like the wind. That makes me totally independent, I don't like the sound of that. Still used to being the pampered little kid at home. The thought of being strong and independent, makes me want to cringe, not cause it's a bad thing but because it's too good for me to swallow it. And that's stupid. But oh well, life goes on, but the petrol in my scooter doesn't.And after my shenanigans, I park the automobile and head back home, and my sister says "Now you have something to write about"Presto. *ding*And here you have it :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment