Saturday 22 December 2012

Why it is impossible to not feel insecure.



She wasn't raped because she was drunk. She wasn't raped because she was careless. She wasn't raped because she wore inappropriate clothing. She was raped because somebody raped her.

"What's going on, Tanisha?"

That's what Facebook asked me, well Facebook, if you weren't just a progammed website, you would've understood.

Yesterday, was 21|12|12, the alleged Doomsday. But not much of any doom happened. Oh, and surely there was a phenomenon of darkness experienced, except. we call it night. I braced myself for the worst, not the disasters that might occur, but for the never ending statuses about doomsday that fills the data of Facebook, BBM and Whatsapp. Every time I get see these, it annoys me. I feel like contradicting them and saying the world is ending. As much as I sound like a crazy whackadoo, I'm not kidding about this part. When they say the "world" is ending, they mean that humanity is coming to an end. Which it obviously is, else, what shall explain the brutality of the rape-case in Delhi? No human shall ever think of such a heinous crime, only an animal can. Shameless creeps I say.

Being a girl, going through every word of the report and processing that is as good as pushing a mountain. The paranoia and constant thought of "What if it was me?" nags you and eats your insides. But it won't rupture like how the girl's did after they inserted a rod into the intestine. I still wonder what was the incentive that lead them to do such satanity. Was it that those people was void of any female attention or was it the hatred to some one that resembled her, or was it just pure sadistic Ecstasy?
What happened to the conduct and morales man upholds? Why are they such retards?

What disturbs me, is that after she was thrown out of the bus, after witnessing hell, she lay on the cold road, semi-conscious, destroyed and unclad of any clothing that she had before she made the biggest mistake by boarding that bus. Not even one human being, had the heart to throw a  mere scarf on her. What is the world coming to now? Is this what the younger generation has to learn up growing?

We have processions, posts and meetings for this one girl. It won't take anything back, but it shall definitely make a difference in her life, for she started the revolution.
I pray in hope and faith that "The Devil's 6" get what they deserve. That's how we can finally say how rightly she was justified.

"The world is a scary place, we just have to out-scare it."

No comments:

Post a Comment