Friday 28 February 2014

Attention Span Of A Peanut.

The book is out in front of me, my precious highlighted notes stare at me.
I take a deep breath, in fact I do some yoga, just so that I'm ready. 
I look at all my supplies, do I have what ever I need to do this? Oh no, I don't have my lucky exam board, let me just grab it. 
Now that I have that, am I ready? Wait, I need water, just to be sure that I don't die of dehydration.
*wheeew* That was close, okay, now I am mentally prepared.
But no, I need to take a leak, all that water that I drank!
Finally, I can sit down to study, no more messing around.
Let me just check Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram for the last time, just so that I know there's no nuclear holocaust coming my way. Now that I have my phone, might as well check Tumblr, Twitter, all sorts of things I don't even care about.

Gee! Look at the time, it's an hour since I took my phone already! Okay, phone away. 
Unleash the laptop, I think I have had enough of history already, I'll do some sample papers online. 
Google Chrome is already open, along with mycbseguide.com, I guess a Facebook tab wouldn't hurt. 

Oh no! An hour again? Let me just close that tab and put my phone away, serious study it is!

Damn, I can't figure out this sum, let me just look it up online while I slyly open my YouTube account too. The solution on the internet is too complicated, let me ask my friend on WhatsApp.

(Fifteen minutes later) Okay, serious study now. Let me just switch on the music on my phone.
Yay! I almost figured this su- the song's boring now, just a quick switch of tracks. Well waddaya know, I have to reply to these Snapchats and WhatsApps. 

(Half an hour later)
Oh no, the books are waiting for me. Let's conquer this! Do not get tempted by the constant blinking of the green light on your phone, even though it means you have notifications. I'll do this paper and then-- ah what the hell, after this sum I will check.

(Half an hour later)
Okay, let's do this paper. It's this late already? Oh well, better luck tomorrow. 




Well, I'd be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment