Saturday 2 March 2013

Desideratum

Sometimes when I look through my Newsfeed, I see all the fun people have. And then my mind starts telling me, that I'm a loner and I have no fun whatsoever. Sometimes, the jealous monster throws green eyed stares at every photo. That's when I realize, when I sit here, brooding about what I don't have, I forget about everything that I have. 

That's what are weakness is you know, that we forget about all the good things we have. We only have time to wail about everything else in the world. During the time you sit here, depressed, you indirectly dismiss everything and everyone else, and slowly by time, whatsoever you had as well goes. That's something we would never want.
Here's a wee poem towards that.

"Oh how I wish....." those words slip through the mind,
Those very words, makes you think of stuff, unkind.
They spark a little jealousy in you,
Which turns into longing, anger and disappointment too.
They hurt your ego and kill your happiness,
It becomes so bad, they think it's an illness.
How you wish you had eyes just like a bloke,
How you wish you had a humor like the guy who cracked that joke,
How you wish you had fun like she did,
How you wish.... aah, who are you to kid.

When you wish for things not yours,
Think of your blessing, the wound it cures.
Your unnecessary aspirations don't do any good,
Rid of it you must and should!
Pray to God for all that you've been given,
Because your life with these are driven.
Who knows somebody might be sniveling at you.
Wishing they would be like you too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment