Sunday 10 March 2013

Superwoman

Mother is synonymous to love, care, selflessness, laughter, joy, God.

From the very moment I started existing, my mother loved me. She didn't know how I was going to turn out, she didn't know if anything was wrong with me, yet her love was unconditional.
The second I entered this world, my mother held me in her arms, and tears of joy filled her eyes for bringing this new life into Earth. Forgetting all her pain, her anxiety and all the trouble I gave her from sitting inside of her, she was proud of this hiccuping infant in her embrace.
Then came the sleepless nights, the constant crying and pretty much a lot of pooping. She was the one by me at all times, she is my wonder woman. My hand was tightly wound around her fingers in that 10 step walk from the school gates to the door, on my first day to school. And I smiled away my tears as she drove off from the hostel. 
Almost every weekend I see her, yet it is still unfathomable that such an angel exist not only in story books. I look up to her as my role model, she's the first person I think of every morning and the last person I pray for every night. She never projected her disappointment when I failed her. Every day she tells me, that I'm destined for much bigger thinks than what I am aiming for. She has never told me, and she never will. But Ummi, I'm letting you know, one day, I will make you proud, and my whole life I will strive on that. The kind where you look at the paper and say, "Yep, that's my girl, my daughter." You're my angel, my best friend, my confidante, my role model. You're like God's eyes on Earth. I'm not really sure if that makes any sense, but you'll understand. And I know you will.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment