Sunday 3 February 2013

Super Heroes Of Today.

I sit here, listening to Save The World by Swedish House Mafia. It's a nice song, isn't it? Mental images of Superheroes come into my mind. I've been obsessed with Superheroes lately. Not only because we hosted a super hero themed farewell for the 12th graders in the hostel. 

Lately there have been a few superheroes that I have stumbled across, certain people who have left me thanking God there's still humanity here. Call them angels, superheroes, saviors, but these people were the ones who have hearts bigger than their bank accounts. You're going to read 3 anecdotes, two which happened to me, one to my sister.

First One: I was in Chandigarh, visiting a Hindu temple. It was amazing, the majesty of those Gods and the devotion of the people. They sufficed for each other, the devotion credited to the Gods' mightiness and the vice versa. There was this one man, who had got my attention even before I took off my shoes at the entrance. He was lean, lanky and had hair so white that it looked very holy for some odd reason. After praying, we collect something called "prasad" a kind of halwa that we get which have been blessed by the pandits. I got my share of it, and I quickly gobbled up the wholesomeness and richness of the ghee. But this one man, he took his and put it in a bag. I noticed that, but didn't waste much thought on it. We came out of the temple and headed to the car. Some invisible force, compelled me to turn back, that's when I saw it. 
He walked to the other side of the street and took out the prasad from the bag and gave it to a row of hungry homeless children that eagerly waited for him. They thrust they hands out and looked up at this angel. I had never seen God in action before, but I saw it, and right in front of the temple. I could not possibly imagine what the kids saw him as, maybe they saw him as The Face Of God, because maybe he was. I can't possibly express my respect for this man. I do not know his name, I do not know where he is from, but I do know, he is an angel. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment