Wednesday 17 April 2013

The Word Of The Day - Freaken

I was talking to this friend of mine, well obviously you talk to your friends. I was in a bit of a dudgeon the other day, when he took the liberty of trying to cheer me up. We spoke about a whole lot of random stuff, the topic train went in a crazy route, en route we spoke about the latest mall in our city, it's apparently the biggest mall in South India. The place is packed! Because well it's "ignorance" if you don't go there when it's in your city and there are people taking buses and coming from far off places like it's some pilgrimage. And through all this is the first time I heard it, FREAKEN pronounced as "Free-Ken" is our word that refers to them cool guys who think abuse of hair gel is hot.Shadiness; that's just one of their traits.

Freakens, I'm pretty sure you would have obviously seen one and you would have taken a second glance at them. It's impossible to miss the skin tight tee shirts on the skinny bodies along with coloured pants that are outrageously PINK or PURPLE. Looking further down, the feet are clad with Nike or DC rip offs that totally contrast the rest of the outfit or even flip flops "Reedock" or "Tonny Hilfiger". Finally you look up to the fatuous face that thought he could actually pull this off. And there you see it, resting on the bride of the nose and extending to the faces beholds silver "cooling glass" (shades). Yes, it's 18 hours into the day, yet the sun's not set in their heads. Yes, you're indoors but then the sun's rays that leak through the Vesnetian blinds can totally ruin your eyesight, or is it because the rain can get into your eyes if you don't wear "cooling glass". Beauty thy behold, from afar. I could stop and stare forever at a gang of such, how amusing they are. But what ticks me off is when the catcalls start. Dudes, you people shall never ever ever know what my "good name plis" is. I don't understand how you could possibly dress that way and not laugh at yourself. I would, if I ever was to. I don't get how anybody would let you walk out of your room like that. But then, everyone has their styles I'm just expressing my disgust to a certain type. 
So remember, next time you see a person who is too cool for his own skin don't forget to mentally note him as a freaken. Freakens forever and ever.

To conclude I shall quote a very long paragraph a friend said "They think they are so cool with their coconut oil and hair gel mixture with whatever is in their hair, with the absurdest hairstyles. They drive around town like it's the Grand Prix. They wear all sorts of 'legit' shoes, pants so tight they can barely walk and finally having 3 different mobile phones to be the 'person of the area'. Acting tough in front of the cops and breaking down when they realise they're just hopeless and miserable."

Thanks for that Josh!

1 comment:

  1. Seen so many of them. They are a whole new breed of species.

    ReplyDelete